Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Secretary Before and After


Hello!  I do have a couple of good DIY's up my sleeve, but in the meantime, I thought I would do a quick post about this secretary update.  I LOVE me a good before and after!!!


First of all let me say... I CAN NOT BELIEVE I am showing my messy garage!  Anyway, Here is the desk before.  I decided not to keep the organizer on the top.  It was so shallow and with computers and other filing systems, just did not see the need for it (truth...I did NOT want paint it:))



 Instead, I decided to use some cork board I had left from another project and cover it in some fabric, which was actually a curtain I found at Target.  I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric.  This is a pretty strong adhesive but not so strong that it will ruin anything if and when you decide to remove it.  The cork was actually cut real tight and only need to be pushed into place, no tacking needed.



 I love the spot for a small computer or cell phones to hide cords.  I wanted to keep this thing so bad!  But could not find a spot for it.  I wish I could keep everything I painted!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Julie! LOVE your blog and the hutch that now lives in our home :) I love it! Thanks so much...it is beautiful. I look forward to following your blog now too!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete