PAGES

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

UGLY DRESSER MADE A LITTLE HOLLYWOOD GLAM!

I. LOVE. THIS. PIECE!  Even though I do not have a spot for it, I love how it looks in my house:)  But really, I would love to see it go to someone who has the perfect spot!



I was lucky to get my hands on about 10 of these guys.  They came from a fancy hotel in Chicago that was renovated.  They are beautifully constructed, solid, dovetailed drawers and a great price.  The catch…they needed new tops.  Marc cut and routed all new tops for me.  I really love Marc!



I have always loved the mirrored furniture 'Hollywood glam' look and thought this was the perfect piece to do that look to.  I refinished the dresser as I normally would but didn't have to fill in the old hardware holes because I was added the mirrored fronts…woot woot!


I had mirrors cut to size and had them drill the holes on center for me. 

Fitting the mirrors…looking good!


I love how the glass knobs look with the mirrored front drawers.






2 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring...I'm terrible about commenting but I often come over here to check out what you've been up to. Your hard work and your vision produce amazing results. I'd love to chat w/ you about starting a similar business here...I might take blogging to a new level and commission some pieces like you do. Awesome work, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little dresser is beautiful. You said you have 10 of them I envision 2 stacked as a lingerie chest.

    ReplyDelete