PAGES

Monday, May 7, 2012

THE BORING PART OF MY JOB AND WHY I ALMOST CRIED (THIS TIME:)

Here is one part of my refinishing jobs that although boring, tedious and takes a lot of time but is SUPER important!  You want a nice, clean line when you open the drawers.

On a positive note, I get to catch up on what's happening around the world:)  Sometimes I find myself spending way too much time reading articles, but for someone who spends most her day in a basement and doesn't even know which remote turns on the TV, I have to get my world news somehow! (OK, I do know how to turn on the TV)






Already sanded, vacuumed, wiped down with my "special" deglosser and ready to prime.  I try to get a few pieces primed at ones, the least amount of times I have to clean out my spray gun, the better.

Like the graffiti?  Bet you didn't know I was such a bad a**!  Did ya?:)
































Speaking of special Deglosser...I was really REALLY close to crying, but I didn't (that much).

So, I'm just minding my own business, cleaning my new sanded pieces off, spraying them with this deglosser concoction I made up, which is almost like a light stripper...to really get these pieces ready to take the primer, and look what happened::((  I guess a few drops got onto one of my brand new finished pieces!  GRRRRRR!  Can you see the little whitish dull spots??  Well I can and if it's not PERFECT I will go nuts!   Now I have to redo the top.  Oh well, lesson learned! This stuff really works!


No comments:

Post a Comment