PAGES

Saturday, January 19, 2013

ADDING FEET / LEGS TO A DRESSER


This might be one of my favorite projects!  I have been brainstorming for weeks about adding feet to the bottom of some of these great pieces I have been finding.  I know what catches peoples eye and it usually isn't the pieces sitting on the ground.

For example, this guy is great...great size, great drawer space, nice pretty curves and detail but unfortunately, it didn't have feet:(

 After removing the back so I could get to it with the clamps, I added some 2x4 blocks of wood, lots of glue and lots of screws.







In this case, I actually used fence posts because I didn't like the bun feet that I was finding.  I wanted something with more height and a bit more fancy.  Because I am so fancy!


PERFECT height for a baby changing table!

1 comment: