PAGES

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ADDING TRIM TO FANCY UP A PLAIN DRESSER

I friend of mine picked up this dresser from Goodwill and brought it over to me, knowing it was something that I could work with (thank you Megan:)).



The attached wood hardware was broken in a few spots and really dated the piece so I decided to remove it and add hardware.  I had been wanting to create some sort of trim "overlay" look for a long time and because of the flat drawers, thought this might be a good opportunity to give it a shot.


I ripped down a few 1/4" strips from a 1/2" by 5" piece of maple (found at lowes) and after sketching a few samples, came up with a simple design. 

After dry fitting the design on each drawer, I added a bead of wood glue and a few pin nails on each piece. 



I sold this piece before I even finished it and love the custom color that my client choose, Slate Tile by Sherwin Williams.









2 comments:

  1. Amazing work! I can't believe what you did with the piece. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of adding the trim overlay to a plain piece of furniture! Great work!

    ReplyDelete