The attached wood hardware was broken in a few spots and really dated the piece so I decided to remove it and add hardware. I had been wanting to create some sort of trim "overlay" look for a long time and because of the flat drawers, thought this might be a good opportunity to give it a shot.
I ripped down a few 1/4" strips from a 1/2" by 5" piece of maple (found at lowes) and after sketching a few samples, came up with a simple design.
After dry fitting the design on each drawer, I added a bead of wood glue and a few pin nails on each piece.
I sold this piece before I even finished it and love the custom color that my client choose, Slate Tile by Sherwin Williams.