PAGES

Friday, November 9, 2012

COVERING UP A TRICKY FIXED PIECE ON YOUR FURNITURE AND MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR!

First I have to tell you how much I am LOVING this color!  This color is SW- Centenial Gold and is much deeper and prettier than these pictures show.  But because I obviously suck at using a camera...the color looks substantially lighter.  But still pretty!

This was originally an old radio cabinet and really has nice storage inside.  I believe my customer is going to use this to keep the towels in by the door leading to her hot tub...such a great idea!  

Love the turned legs and detail. 




Here is the before picture....BOOORING!


Here is my little "tip" for the day:)  When you have a fixed piece, such as this emblem that is on the inside of the cabinet door or any item that is not easily removable there is an easy way of covering it nicely.










  Simply put a layer of tape over the top, sealing the edges well.  Take a VERY SHARP razor blade (a dull one will just pull the tape) and cut along the edge.


Not rocket science, but hope it helps someone:)




No comments:

Post a Comment