We have used shims to meet up with the new flooring.
I wish I thought about getting pictures sooner in the process but hopefully you get the idea.
After setting up the tile underlayment (not actually installed yet) and then the tile to figure out the exact height of the floor we will be butting up to, we decided where the shims needed to be cut to achieve the perfect height.
The shims were glued with construction adhesive and nailed.
Just a random photo but thought any photos might help. Here, Marc needs to trim the wood to fit around the wall and was also wanted the 'tongue' removed butt up against the tile.
If you are worried about it feeling like a "ramp", it doesn't at ALL! It is the slighting incline and I promise you will not notice it at all:)
Sorry about the messy photo but just a larger view. We will be done with this reno…someday!!