PAGES

Thursday, February 28, 2013

UPDATING A STAIRWAY ON A BUDGET WITH ADDING A RUNNER

I have been wanting to do something to this ugly stairway leading to my basement for over a year.  We are renovating this house and moving our way through the house but could no longer wait till to was time for the mudroom/basement area....something had to happen NOW!

YUCK!


I really didn't even do anything!  Ava spent her snow day helping her mama!  She cleaned, primed and did 2 coats of the color she picked to go with the runner that I found on CL.  Honestly, this is a pretty boring job and it probably would have taken me 3 days to complete.  She is awesome at following through on a task. LOVE HER!


Marc using the pneumatic staple gun.  This runner is THICK and we had JUST enough of it.  We actually pieced 2 runners together.  I will not point out the seam:)


Not going into BHG magazine but MUCH BETTER than before!  Now I am not so embarrassed when these nice, pretty and fancy customers come over to see my pieces:)

No comments:

Post a Comment