PAGES

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

SUPER EASY TRIP TO MASK OFF CORNERS OF MIRRORS OR PICTURES

Nothing is more fun and exciting than to try and mask off corners on window panes, mirror corners or picture frames.  Of course, I am being a smarty pants again...it's time consuming and boring!  Here is a way to hopefully help the process go a little faster and be less painful, because it's those dang corners that take the most time.

I always remove the mirror when I have to refinish the frame, just so I can get the inside lip of the frame.  But sometimes, when the picture frame is huge, custom and the back looks all nice and pretty like, I feel bad taking it all apart, knowing the customer payed good money to have this done at one point.  Not to mention I really don't feel like removing or replacing 800 staples.

I have found a PERFECT way of dealing with those corners!  I hope these pictures below will help explain the steps for you.

 1- bring the tape over the edge



2- fold at a 90 degree angle, keeping it tight to the edge and tucked as close as possible.




3- press tight and close to edge, keeping a razor blade nearby to help


4- Perfect, tight corner and super fast!


Awww.  Peter deserves an award for putting up with the daily "deep love and serious affection (aka...torture) he gets from my youngest.  Tonight he was a lion with a the fur off of someones coat wrapped around his neck. Doesn't he look happy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment