PAGES

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DESK RENOVATION

I come across some pretty cool desk but I am not sure what the deal is space where the chair goes...did everyone 70 years ago topped out at 5'0 and 80 lbs?  They can be so DINKY with Zero leg space!  I am pretty sure I am not the only one who doesn't like to feel claustrophobic when sitting at a desk.

So either they can now be used as cute little accent pieces for storageor only used by kids.

This desk is a perfect example.  Cute, great lines, nice drawer space...little leg room.


Now here I am, all dressed up nice and pretty, trying to sit at this desk...not so comfy.  I decided that 6 drawers were enough and the middle one had to go!  Would rather have one less drawer than a very uncomfortable desk.







There now, that wasn't so bad.  Little patching up, sanding followed up by a good refinishing job and it's like new:)

1 comment:

  1. Ooo ahh! I love this makeover. It was a great idea to remove that drawer. Gives it a cool modern look. love it. Oh and I love your pants lol, I have a pair just like that! ; )

    Smiles!
    Sammy ~ Renew Redo

    ReplyDelete