PAGES

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MY SUMMER CHALLENGE AND BEAUTIFUL FRENCH PROVINCIAL BEDROOM SET

I am quickly realizing that this summer is going to be a bit of a challenge for me with the kids being home. My kids are 13, 11 and 8, so very self sufficient and can pretty much take care of themselves but I just feel so GUILTY when I am working!  The hardest part is the fact that they want me to run them around to friends houses, pick up friends or our neighborhood pool, which is fine but I always look like this....
So either I change my clothes 18 times a day or I ALWAYS look like a complete mess.  I swear some people who always see me like this and don't know what I do, think I am a wreck.  They are probably right. 


So here is a beautiful set that a gal and her husband brought for me to spray for her.  She picked it up at a second hand store and it is such a beautiful set!








The original finish usually doesn't pose a problem, but unfortunately in this case it was pretty chippy and needed a LOT of sanding, taking it down to bare wood in some places with a lot of time spent on trying to smooth out the surface to have as seamless of a finish as possible.  Lots of little drawers, doors and hardware bits and pieces.  





We decided to keep and spray out the hardware in a dark bronze finish to match the bronze iron bed that they had just purchased.  I also sprayed the screens inside the little night stand doors as well.  I just love how this turned out.  "Creamy" by SW is a great soft white color!








No comments:

Post a Comment