Saturday, November 26, 2011

Adding Detail


I am not exactly sure what I saw in this big box of a cabinet, but thought it had potential for me to get creative and add some interesting detail on the plain front doors.  


It sat in my office (garage:)) after being sanded for a few weeks before I decided what to do with it.  




I have been loving the greek key design for a while and thought it might look interesting added to the front somehow.  Naturally, I forgot to take picture of this process, but what I did was tape out what I thought would be a good size on the front door,  measured and jotted down my dimensions on paper.  After a trip to Lowe's for the wood, I cut to the dimensions and mitered the corners.  


I primed and painted the pieces before I attached them with my nail gun.  I really think I could have just gotten away with just using wood glue, but was planning to actually use these pieces as the hardware, so knowing they would get pulled on, added some nails.  


I love how it turned out! I really like the gold/champagne color with the blue green.


No comments:

Post a Comment